Depression is a difficult problem!

I've been intangled in it in seceral cycles. Every one has their own kind. Even though I've suffered from it, I do not pretend to know how you're feeling. I will just write a bit about my experience and what helped me.

My depresions was tied to me losing my sight and feeling isolated. In many ways I isolated myself. I felt I was a burden and I felt I had no place in the world. I needed help, but I didn't seek it. 

I found I knew some people who listened to me when I told them what was going on in my head. They seemed generally interested! This was both terrifying and it gave me a warm feeling. They got me to talk to my doctor, who got me in touch with a shrink. This helped me a lot. It helped me to talk about my feelings and I got some tips on how I should try to think.

I also find great help in writing. Gathering my thoughts and putting them in writing. Sometimes I write articles, sometimes fantasy texts and sometimes poems. My poems can take all sorts of shapes, but they express how I feel. I don't always write what I feel at once. Sometimes I write about things I have felt earlier. 

I still have times when I start getting the feelings of a starting depresion. When that happens I write and talk to friends as quickly as possible. I also feel it helps me to share my poems. This is to make people understand how I'm feeling. People will never know exactly how it is to be me, but I try to help them see it as clearly as possible within my level of comfort. It's not everything I want everyone to know, but I choose this for myself.


If you know someone who deals with depresion you can let them know it's okay for them to talk to you. Do not say things like "Just do like this!" Or "Just be more positive!" because these things may cause them to drift further into the depresion. 

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Losing is not losing!

Bullied for a lomg time