How do I narigate?

I love walking trips. I often get questions of how I navigate without seeing. I usually walk roads I know. When I do this I use certain points on the road as signs. When I get to a spesific point I know where I am and how I should turn.

If I walk places I'm not sure where I am I need to either bring someone who knows the way or I have to ask people where I am and which direction I should walk. It's rare I walk places I'm not sure where to walk. If I have to walk somewhere unknown to me I always try to bring someone else.

It happens from time to time, when I'm walking roads known to me, that I choose to try other roads. This is a bit of gambling. It is a huge help to me knowing how to use echo locating. This is similar to how bats navigate at night. I eithe make clicking noises with my mout, by snapping my fingers or when my cane hits the ground. I often use the sounds from the surrounding area.

This is a skill I thaught myself. It's inspired by hearing about other people being abke to use it, as well as the fictional character Daredevil. I started trying to figure out how to do this when I started losing my sight. It took me some years to really being able to use this, but I think that is much due to me having to figure out how to practice.

I have now created an introductionary course in how to learn this ability. In this course I talk about how I started and how I use it. We also do different exercises to show people how to practice and how it can be used. I'm not trying to say I'm a genious for creating this course, because I now know there are other people teaching similar courses. I've never attended one of these, but it would be fun.


Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Are you prepared to support?

Bullied for a lomg time