Reaching your goals

Most people have different goals in life. This may motivate you to work hard and reach new hights. Not necessarily climbing mountains, but figuratively reaching new hights. Goals differ from person to person. A goal does not need to be as big as conquering the world. It's a goal to get out of bed every day. If you're in a difficult time in your life this may be more than enough. It's not always good to set to high goals at once. It may be an idea to start with partial goals. Divide the journey in parts that seem realistic. You can reach your end goal, but you shouldn't rush.

I use this often. I set goals and partial goals. It's not easy to set goals if you, as me earlier in life do not believe in yourself. Then it might be nice to get someone else to set a realistic goal for you. For a time it was a goal of mine to smile once a day. This wasn't always easy, but I tried. Now I'm smiling many times each day. I have days where I'm not smiling as much, but it's easier than it was.

The grading system in Martial Arts is a good example of goals. Many people think the black belt is everyone's goal. This didn't seem realistic when I started. For me it was a giant goal to pass my first grading. I do not mean people shouldn't aim for the black belt, but I did not believe I would be able to reach it because of my physical ability and my sight. After a while I passed my grading and advanced my goals. When I had the goal of the black belt I was in a different mental state than I was when I started. I reached the goal and it was amazing, but this was not my last goal. I update my goals all the time. There is always something new to learn and room for growth.

Now I have put together my own course. My first goal is to get it around Norway. First of all I want to put it up once. That is my first goal. If this is a success I'll try to reach my next goal which is several times across Norway. Who knows? I might even get to a point where I travel outside of Norway with this course.

Another goal of mine now is losing weight and getting healthier. I'm well on my way and I have reached some goals and I keep updating them. People should not feel they are bad people because of their weight, but I had to reduce my weight to get a better life. 


The point is that you can set your own goals in any topic. It may be in education, work, hobbies or anything else. Do not lose your motivation if you're unable to reach your goals at once. You might need to adjust the goal or just work more. Try to stay motivated and you might get happier.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Losing is not losing!

Bullied for a lomg time