Why do I practice Martial Arts?

I started because I was scared of the world and I wanted to learn self-defence. I quickly felt a sence of achievement. The instructors was good at giving both corrections as well as telling me I did things well. This gave me a desire to go on. 

I also go a social network which was very good. I met nice and interresting people. I felt isolated and spent big parts of my days alone before I started practicing. After a short time I knew people I could talk to and do things with. This is how I met one of my best friends.

After some years I was given the opportunity to teach self-defence to people with disabilities. This gave me an opportunity to meet even more people as well as it gave me a purpose. For a lomg time I felt my life was pointless, which was wrong, but teaching felt amazing. After I achieved my black belt I've had several opportunities to teach self-defence as well as an introduction to Martial Arts.

I teach all over the country, and I love travelling. I love getting to know new places and people. There is so much to experience. I'm open to travelling outside of Norway as well, but not alone. This is because I'm uncertain of how to get around and finding all I need when travelling in other countries.

Physical exercise is another reason. It is important to stay active, both for my body and my mind. Staying active gives me strength, balance, better imune defence system, happiness and self-esteem.


So the reasons why I'm a Martial Artist are many. Self-defence, work, physical training and traveling are some of them. 

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Are you prepared to support?

Bullied for a lomg time