A break from social media?

I did it earlier this year, and I'm concidering doing it again. A break, or vacation if you will from social media. The last time I did this was in May. I onlu did it for two weeks, but it had the effect I wanted! I felt it took too much of my time and I felt it became too negative. I felt stress and pressure because of it. I did it by deleting all the social media apps I have except for the app I use for chatting with my friends. 

If I do it again I am uncertain of how long my break will last. I feel it is back to taking up too much of my days as well as stressing me out. I feel the need to check if anything has happened several times each hour. This is time I could spend on relaxing, walking, thinking and taking care of myself. 

I recommend everyone at least try to take breaks. Just try it and see how it feels. If you don't like it there is no need to do it for long, but there is a chance it might do you some good! When I did it it was the most difficult in the beginning. The first few days I felt something was missing, but when I got through that state I came to a point where it gave me positive thoughts and better sleep. 

There have a been some nights now where I've had troubles sleeping. It may be helped with a break and it is at least worth trying. It won't hurt me even if it doesn't help. At worse it will do nothing.  The last time I let eberyone know I was leaving by posting it on the different sites. This was a way to let everyone know why they didn't hear from me. If I do it again I will do the same. Just so no one thinks something bad has happened to me.


If I do it it might do me some good and help me with things I need help with. Who knows? Maybe you should try it!

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Losing is not losing!

Bullied for a lomg time