Dark thoughts

They are difficult. The range of dark thoughts are endless, no one are the same. I've had issues with this. Strong issues. It does not help to be told things could be worse. It does not help being told to look on the bright side. These things just makes it worse. In my case when I was told these things I still had the same thoughts as well as feel egoistic and insignifficant.

I have written about this before, but it is really important to me so I choose to take the liberty to write about it again. I'm out of the constant darkness, but there are still days where the darkness envelops me. 

Anything can trigger dark thoughts. This should be respected. It might seem petty or vein to outsiders, but it might hold great value to you. You should allow yourself to be sad and cry. However, I will ask you to do something to try and help yourself. You might not be able to, right now, but you should think about it when you are able.

No one will ever know exactly how it is to be you, but you can let them get a peak into your thaughts. It might help you to tell someone how you feel and what you're thinking. If you are uncertain if they will handle it you can ask them if it's okay for you to tell them how you are feeling. You can start easy and ask them if you can go on. Most people are interested in hearing and helping, but it's not easy to take that step. It might also be too hard to talk about it out loud. In that case you can ask someone by text.

Another idea is to write about your feelings. You can write essays, poems, novels or just write without thinking. This may give you an outlet. There is no need to share your texts with other people unless you want to. I find it helpful to write poems. The quality is not important. I just need a way to let my thaughts out of my mind. 

Playing, writing or just listening to music may also be helpful. It is a way to let your feelings escape from your mind that may seem like a prison. I spend hours ebery day listening to music. I like listening to different kinds of music. When I am sad I might listen to sad music, but it helps me feel and maybe even cry. When I'm ready to become happy I listen to happy music. The taste in music is another thing that is different from person to person. What I think is sad or happy music might be something entirely different from you. I also like playing the piano. I often just play what my feelings want me to play. This is a way to express myself.

Reading books or watching movies may have the same effect. It is also an escape from "the now". It might be comforting and it might lift you spirit. 

At last I wish to tell you it might be a good idea to contact a doctor or psychologist. They may be able to help you far more than me. Allthough help from friends and family is the best. Most effective of all is help and love from yourself.

As a little bonus I wish to give you another tip: Hugs. Hug a friend or fanily member. It's a great remedy.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The smallest things

Losing is not losing!

Bullied for a lomg time